Recent advancements in orthodontic technology, invisible braces are fast becoming the method of choice for cosmetic reasons.The field is still advancing rapidly, and we keep up with the latest developments in order to offer our patients the best possible treatment and choice.
We use one of the following systems, depending on the specific needs and requirements of each patient. Sometimes a combination of these systems is required.
With all orthodontic treatment, retention is recommended for life to prevent relapse. Retention can come in the form of a wire bonded to the back of the teeth, or a removable clear plastic retainer.
Clear Aligners (Clearstep™)
Made of thin, clear plastic to the precise dimensions of your teeth, clear aligners are almost undetectable to the people around you. By exerting a gentle but constant force on your teeth, they are slowly moved to the desired positions. A series of different clear aligners is needed to produce the final result.
The full range of ‘invisible’ orthodontics will have minimal impact on your social life and career while having no dietary restrictions during treatment as the clear aligners are removable.
Why do we offer Clear Aligners?
- Almost invisible, very thin, and does not affect speech.
- Ideal for adult patients who are reluctant to have an orthodontic treatment wearing metal brackets or bulky removable braces.
- An excellent tool for final correction after other orthodontic treatment.
- Can realign teeth that have moved back following previous orthodontic treatment.
- Often used when there is mild crowding of front teeth.
- Can be used to move a single back tooth.
- Simple cases can be finished with only two or three aligners.
Stages of treatment with Clear Aligners
- Upper and lower silicone-based impressions are sent to the lab, where plaster casts are made and the case is assessed.
- Up to five aligners can be made out of each impression.
- Each aligner should be worn for about two weeks.
- Care instructions will be given by the clinical team.
- Treatment usually ranges from 3 months to 18 months. This will be discussed at the start of the treatment.
- In some cases the treatment plan may change, and more aligners will be needed than initially thought.
The Inman Aligner is a simple removable appliance used to align front teeth quickly and safely. It is ideal as a stand alone treatment or to prealign teeth prior to further cosmetic options such as clear aligners, bonded fillings or minimal veneers.
How does it work?
The Inman Aligner has Nickel Titanium coil springs that power two aligner bows that gently oppose each other, guiding the teeth into their new position. These gentle forces are active over a very large range of movement, which is why the Inman Aligner works so quickly.
This image shows the squeeze effect of the two aligner bows on the front teeth. The inner bow pushes forwards, while the outer bow pulls back on the front teeth.
How long is the treatment with the Inman Aligner?
Most cases are completed within 6-18 weeks. Your Inman Aligner dentist will give you a realistic guide of what to expect. For suitable cases, the Inman Aligner is usually much faster than alternative orthodontic techniques.
What's involved in Treatment with the Inman Aligner?
- Impressions are needed so that the lab can fabricate your custom made Inman Aligner.
- Initial fitting of the Aligner.
- Wear the Aligner 16-20 hours a day.
- Regular checks every 2-3 weeks.
- As with other orthodontic treatment, after treatment is completed with the Inman Aligner, retention is recommended for life to prevent relapse. Retention can come in the form of a lingually bonded retainer or a clear plastic retainer.
Six Month Smiles®
Six Month Smiles utilises unique clear brackets bonded to the teeth and tooth-coloured wires, whereas aligners are made of clear plastic and can be removed by the patient. This technique can be used in a wider range of cases than aligners. It has greater control over the outcome of the treatment and the desired tooth movements. Clear aligners are sometimes used after this treatment to achieve the final position.
What does the treatment involve?
- You will initially have two appointments to fit the Six Month Smiles braces, during which the dentist do a thorough examination of your teeth, gums and bite, including taking some X-rays, in order to assess whether you are a suitable candidate for this type of treatment.
- Upper and lower silicone impressions are taken and sent to the Six Month Smiles laboratory together with dental photos.
- You can then be fitted with your unique Six Month Smiles brace, made up of small white brackets that come directly from the Six Month Smiles laboratory in the United States.
- You will need to visit our dentist every 4-5 weeks to ensure treatment is progressing satisfactorily.
- Average treatment times of only six months.
- Six Month Smiles clear brackets and tooth-colored wires are barely visible.
- Use of braces has been shown to provide the most conservative and predictable final result.
- The Six Month Smiles process ensures that your appointments are fast and comfortable.
- Low forces and short overall orthodontic treatment times increase comfort, safety, and hygiene.
- Six Month Smiles is typically less expensive than traditional braces, aligner therapy, or veneers.
Lingual Braces (STb Social 6)
STb Social 6 Braces offer a discrete method of straightening teeth, and are completely invisible to others due to them being bonded to the back of teeth. This type of brace is perfect if you want to straighten your teeth discretely.
If you feel your smile would benefit from subtle adjustments or more moderate improvements without the worry of wearing conventional visible braces, STb Social 6 may be the orthodontic treatment you are looking for.
- The braces are completely invisible due to their positioning on the back of teeth, unlike other straightening devices.
- They offer effective treatment in a short time, sometimes as little as six months.
- Oral hygiene is easy to maintain while wearing the braces.
- Lingual braces will take time to get used to, but are more comfortable than other braces or aligners due to the comstant, low forces applied to the teeth.
Stages of treatment
- You will have an initial consultation with one of our dentists. Together, you will discuss your treatment options and develop your treatment plan.
- Impressions will be taken as well as x-rays to aid the dentist in giving you the best possible orthodontic treatment results and to enable your STb Social 6 braces to be produced.
- From your impressions your individual STb Social 6 invisible brace appliance will be designed and customised for your teeth.
- The dentist will fit your STb Social 6 brace to your teeth and treatment will commence.
- Step by step the STb Social 6 lingual braces will gently move your teeth into position giving you a smile to be proud of.